Here is the link to this fun blogfest - at Alex Cavanaugh's site. Check out some of the many blogs that have joined in - be surprised at what you might encounter. I know I was...
12. Finding Nemo - this is my drug of choice when sad or blue. I love everything about it - the plucky little Nemo, his neurotic father, the Sharks in a twelve-step program, the gulls chanting 'mine, mine' over and over AND the most lovely turtle surfing dudes. Bliss.
11. Amelie - crazy wonderful stylistic, dreamy tale of a woman's slow wake-up. I love everything about this movie - the quirky style, the fairy-tale structure and the message of love.
10. Women in Love - this delicious telling of one of D.H.Lawrence's most beloved stories is exciting, scary, sexy and beautifully shot.
9. Five Easy Pieces - early Nicholson - truly elegaic, masterfully told, both funny and tragic - I love this movie!! I could watch it a thousand times.
8. Gosford Park - all of Robert Altman movies are my favourite but in that this one combines not only his brilliance but his take on the English manor mystery - well how good is that.
7. Breakfast at Tiffany's - Audrey Hepburn, crazy girl on a sad mission, a writer in a walk-up flat as the narrator, weird early 60's style party, oh what a movie.