ways to divert myself:
- did you know that if you look closely at your keyboard, or I suppose I should say mine, it is deep in lint and hair and other desk duff? I should get a special vacuum cleaner out - oh whoops - first I have to buy one - and then gently carefully clean this disgusting mess.
- I let the chickens out. I notice that their roost needs a scrape. I can't find the 'right' shovel to scrape it with. I go to the front yard. It is there leaning against the soaking wet deck chairs (lawn chairs really). I see a dandelion - I dig it out, I see another, I see another, I see another, I see another...repeat.
- I write an answer to a post comment. In the middle a client phones to talk. I talk no - I listen, I listen, I listen. When I get off the phone I fill out the international student forms. I walk the dog. I pick lupins - then I come back to see I haven't finished a ONE sentence answer to the post. I do. Several more people have commented in the mean time. Oh. Repeat.
- I go to my wip summary (the chore for today) I realize that I don't know if there is a hospital in Pincher Creek, Alberta. I go on line. I see an ad for a retreat/dude ranch near PC. I go to their web page. I look at all the pictures. I forget why I'm there. I look at property for sale and imagine telling Ron that we're moving to a ranch in the foothills of the Rockies. I notice my leg is hurting and remember getting x-rays yesterday. In the hospital. Ah! I look for hospital sites in southern Alberta. I see a site that is for a ranch that has buffalo. I go check it out. I imagine...repeat.
- I check for email. Why? Why? Why? I still don't want that money from that Nigerian and my penis is big enough for me. I answer an email from some friend asking me how the writing is going. I hit my head with my hand.
Bye now...have a nice weekend....