Wednesday, August 25, 2010

A body, bed and berries

Today was a mixed blessing. And so I thought I'd give you a bit of it in photos - yesterday I found a plastic mold of my body that an artist made back when I was in my twenties. I've kept it kicking around and it was a little worse for wear (sort of like my actual body only skinnier and see through). I gave it a good scrub in the tub and took photos of it as it looked so bizarre. Then I took some photos of light hitting the sink ( a constant meme of mine) and our rumply bed in the morning light. And oh, Felix's new room with bed and photo of Bob Marley. Out walking Hoagy, I took pictures of blackberries and then at home I took some of strawberries I'd harvested and placed on my 'beat sheet' (writing outline thingy) before going upstairs. So here you go...







11 comments:

keishua said...

The beds look really cozy. I especially like one in the orange room.

Liza said...

The strawberry picture is my favorite.

Natasha said...

Can I come stay with you for a bit- that room looks so inviting. And the strawberries are delicious.

Jan Morrison said...

Googe - that's the fixed up room for the new student - Felix - it was my office and that is why it is painted those colours - for they make me happy and productive!
Liza - they were some good as they say here!
Natasha - oh that would be soooooo heavenly. Could you?

Hart Johnson said...

Love the mold and Felix's room as THINGS, but those berry photos are fabulous as photos!

Gardeningbren said...

Photos are great but the body sculpture...that's my fav! So whatja gonna do with it?? Garden sculpture perhaps, or hang on the dressing room wall (if you have one which I don't)... or???

Jan Morrison said...

thanks tartlette - I kind of like the second one - the strawberries on my beat sheet page but the blackberry one - meh!
And Brenda - don't have the foggiest - not the sort of thing one can have around too much with teens in the house - sensitive types they are not wanting to know that parental units even have bodies - euuuuh! I think I'll haul it around to different settings and take pics of it. Yep.

Anonymous said...

yum!!

the strawberries are delectable.. I bet they taste like REAL ones, with fragrance and everything.

Jan Morrison said...

dey do me darling, dey do!

Stacy Post said...

Great study of light! I love the suds, the spot of sparkle on the sink and the orange bedroom is simply an oasis. You've got a great eye, Jan. I love them all!

Eeleen Lee said...

love those berries- succulent!