To raise awareness and skills among my employees, contractors, and subcontractors
I would like to publicly state the following :
- I promise to always put my used coffee grinds in my garden compost
- I promise to always have two small garbage cans by my desk; one for garbage, one for paper
- by working at home and not commuting every day I am decreasing my carbon footprint
- by reading, redesigning, editing, making alterations and rewriting on screen I am saving trees; many, many, many trees
- by working at home, I can cutdown on the buying, cleaning and mending of 'professional clothes' and work in my jammies.
- by contracting and working with friends (like standing offer parties) I support not only these local businesses but my community as a whole.
Hereby note that with this post, I have made a public commitment stating that I am operating in a sustainable manner and with these commitments I promise to apply environmental and sustainable criteria to all of my decisions.
This post is also recycled - it originated with some differences in the mind of Kathy Kaulbach who I collaborate with on many work projects. It arose out of a need to design a sustainability statement for the standing offer process many of us freelance writers, photographers, editors and designers are going through at the present time in Nova Scotia. Although there may seem a tongue in cheek tone to the piece there is no disrespect meant as we are all dead serious about keeping things simple and green.
By posting this in a public blog my business is taking steps to raise environmental awareness and skills among contractors and subcontractors and if we all work together we are therefore selecting project planners and subcontractors who thus do the same.