Last night the sweet patootie and I went to a friend's birthday/retirement party. It was loads of fun, even though, because of the dang weather, we had to have an indoor picnic instead of an outdoor barbeque. We did spend the early part of the evening outside and it was most pleasant if not warm. I saw some folks that I hadn't seen in awhile and met a couple of new people that I quite liked. I drank a bit too much wine and so that might have led me to stay abed a bit later too.
And today? What's on the list of fun activities, you ask. I'll give you a sample of my possible to-do list, with the caveat that I have already begun so I can check off some of it.
- write for an hour or two
- tidy up desk
email back some folks re:biz stuff phone my boys
- sort my knitting projects
- finish my second sock in my second pair thus avoiding the curse of the new sock knitter!
- start (again) my lace project
- tidy up the living room - dust and newspapers mainly
hang up the laundry that I just washed, downstairs as, of course, il pleut -the SP did this, I took his bread out and started dinner
- clean at least one bathroom
think about dinner -oh don't have to - since I wrote this, SP took out a pork roast and started bread - man, oh man, I don't even have to let him know...
attack dandelions - begun, not nearly finished walk Hoagy clean out chicken coop - done! (and I found a garbage bag of euuuuuh...feathers and gizzards - made the man deal with that)
- turn over garden beds in vegie garden
weed strawberry plants
- plant transplants (vegie - tomatoes, cabbage, basil)
- plant seeds (lettuce of various sorts, beans, beets and maybe someother older seeds???) believe me when I tell you the vegie garden is going to be very haphazard this year.
clean up flower beds
plant iris tubers that Gwen gave me in the fall and I mindlessly left in the driveway but they grew despite my neglect!
finish Bedford book while lying on the couch photograph chicks at beginning of second week of their chickhoods. call girlfriends to chat mindlessly blog and visit blogs and look at yet more lace patterns- begun but not ever finished!
- lie around talking to SP while he attempts paper work talking about what needs to be done!
- eat leasurely sunday dinner and watch something goofy on the tv.
some time later....just thought I'd go through and cross out what I did. Hmmmm. Did pick up the lad and bring back library books but that wasn't on list. Ahem. Well, think I'll go hang up those clothes now, the rest can wait until tomorrow. (I have a totally free day tomorrow - no kids, no guy, no clients.)