Thursday, November 3, 2011

Knitting - the first year I didn't stop...

Usually I knit until the summer, then I take a good long break without thinking about it much and get back at it when the air crisps up. This year I just kept knitting. Mind you I had a few things I wanted to accomplish. I wanted to learn how to knit lace - which I have done - and how to knit socks - also accomplished. I joined Ravelry (actually joined years ago but didn't really start using it until this year) and just finished an actual real garment last week. I haven't blocked it yet but I'll show you the pictures. I have finished a couple of lace projects and am part way through the dragon scale shawl - I frogged one attempt but so far...holding face and breath just right...this seems to be working. Now I'm going back to socks which I really can hardly remember... I have some good books though and I think I'll get it fast enough.

So here are some pics for you mad knitters:








2 comments:

Anonymous said...

congratulations!

I have yet to master a sock, but the dragon scale looks very dragonny!

Robyn said...

Lovely!! Now, were you to start spinning............